ohio flag An official government website.
gov domain icon
Official websites use .gov

A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

https icon
A lock or https:// means you've safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

College Student Worker Program

Are you a student at Miami University or a local community college?  Are you interested in learning more about the elections process?  Get a front row seat to democracy by serving as a poll worker in Butler County.

How does it work?
The Butler County Board of Elections is looking for dedicated and tech-savvy college students who can serve as poll workers on Election Day.  We are partnering with Miami University to educate students about the elections process and to recruit students as poll workers.

Who can be a Precinct Election Official?
To be a precinct election official in Butler County, you must be:

  • A United States Citizen with transportation (preferred)
  • A registered voter in Butler County (need to register?)
  • Have never been convicted of a felony
  • Able to read and write in English
  • Willing to attend a training session
  • Enjoy working with people
  • Ability to lift 25 lbs with assistance from another individual
  • Available for current or future elections

What does a Precinct Election Official have to do?
All precinct election officials are required to attend a 3-hour training session scheduled by the Board of Elections, report to their polling place at 6:30 pm on the Monday before Election Day to set up, and expect to work from 5:30 a.m. (polls open at 6:30 a.m.) until about 8:30 p.m. (polls closed at 7:30 p.m.) on Election Day. 

For college students who do not have transportation, we will make every effort to place you within walking distance of your residence.

How much will I earn?
Precinct Election Officials in Butler County earn $202.25 for each election.  You may also speak to your advisor or professor to inquire about community service credit.

How can I sign up?
Complete an application today, or contact the poll worker department at (513) 785-5711 or by email.