Background of the Office:
- Candidates for this office are elected in odd year General Elections.
- There are five Members of the Butler County Educational Services Board.
- This office will have 3 open seats on the ballot in 2021.
- This office will have 2 open seats on the ballot in 2023.
- Each term is 4 years. (R.C. 3313.09)
- Each term begins on January 1st following the election. (R.C. 3313.09)
What are the requirements to run for Butler County Educational Services Board?
Candidates for this position must:
- Live within one of the local school districts in Butler County:
- Lakota Local Schools
- Madison Local Schools
- Monroe Local Schools
- New Miami Local Schools
- Ross Local Schools
- Be a registered elector of one of the local school districts in Butler County.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (OH Const. Art. V, §1, Art. XV §4)
How do I run for Butler County Educational Services Board?
- Complete petition form 3-W. (Note: Petition forms should be printed on legal sized, 8 1/2" x 14" paper)
- Use the Candidate Petition Guide for nonpartisan petitions.
- Required signatures. (R.C. 3513.255)
- Collect between 50 and 150 signatures
- Be sure to use the Filing Checklist before filing your petition.
What are the Campaign Finance Requirements?
All candidates running for office who spend any money, including their own personal funds must file a Designation of Treasurer (Form 30-D) and complete subsequent reports. Candidates for this office should file with the Butler County Board of Elections.
Call Candidate and Ballot Services at 513-887-3700, ext. 3 with any questions or for more information.